What are the causes & symptoms of spider veins and how to treat it?
Equipped with the best state of art facilities and the latest technology, we at Karishma Vein Clinic ensure you that we have one of the best spider vein specialist in Pune. We are one of the most reputed and leading clinic specialising in varicose and spider vein treatment in Pune. Our staff of experienced professionals ensure that we provide the best results for you and thus making our brand as one of the best spider vein clinic in Pune.
What are spider veins?
Spider veins are groups of blood vessels that occur on the surface of the skin in parts such as the face, the nose etc. the come in wide variety of colours such as in red, blue and green and have the appearance of a spider web. Hence they are called as spider veins. The medical term for spider veins is telangiectasias. Similar to varicose veins, spider veins can also occur on the visible parts of the legs and around ankles.
Symptoms of spider veins
Spider veins can have a large number of symptoms and they can be easily diagnosed. The symptoms include itching, swelling of the infected part, skin ulcers, redness, pain and inflammation, formation of rashes along with throbbing and aching of the legs.
How are they formed?
There are many factors that are responsible for the occurrence of spider veins. These include:
- Hereditary factors
- Excessive use and constant pressure on legs
- Obesity and excessive weight gain
- Pregnancy and during menopause
- Hormonal treatments
- Previous history of injuries and fractures
- high exposure to UV rays from the sun
- blood clotting
- Having diseases such as constipation and tumours that can produce a large amount of pressure subjected to the surrounding veins.
How can they be treated effectively?
Fortunately with technological advancements and due to development of science in the medical field, there are a number of treatments and cures that you can use to treat spider veins and also prevent them from occurring again. These include:
- Using compression stockings: this kind of stockings support the blood flow of the infected area by providing the correct amount of pressure. These stockings can easily be found at a pharmacy.
- Sclerotherapy: this form of therapy is used to eliminate the veins responsible for the formation of spider and varicose veins. The doctor injects a liquid which causes the veins to shut down and these ultimately fade away. This procedure requires about 6 to 8 sessions for effective results.
- Laser treatments: this procedure uses high intensity burst of light which can penetrate into the skin and degrade the damaged veins
- Surgery: this method is used for the highly complicated cases where the veins the veins are large and inflamed and can be easily seen. Various surgery techniques are available depending on the complications formed.
There is also a chance of formation of spider veins after treatment, so it is necessary to prevent them. Try to follow a healthy lifestyle and you are good to go.