The varicose vein is a common condition that affects 1 % of men and almost 25% of women. The name varicose is derived from the Latin word Varix that means twisted. Varicose veins are twisted and enlarged veins. Though any superficial vein( A vein close to the body’s surface) may become a varicose vein, the superficial veins in the legs persistently suffer from this condition.
For some, varicose vein treatment could be a cosmetic need if it doesn’t cause any physical problems. Otherwise, varicose veins may cause pain and inconvenience while walking, impeding an active life. You can seek varicose vein treatment In Pune, which is readily available due to its demand for leading a better and active life.
Our body has two types of vessels: veins and arteries. Arteries carry oxygenated blood to all body parts, whereas veins carry deoxygenated blood to the heart from all body parts. That is how the circulation process goes on. Arteries supply blood to the legs, but veins have to pump the blood against gravity to circulate to the heart. The veins have tiny valves that open and close alternatively to pump and prevent the backflow of blood. When these valves are weak, the blood flows back and pools, causing varicose veins.
The varicose vein may not give pain, but the symptoms of its occurrence are as:
* Blue- Purple colored appearance of veins
* Twisted and bulged veins appear on the skin, mostly in the legs.
* Painful varicose vein symptoms include:
* Discolorations of veins
* Sore and achy feeling in the legs
* Throbbing, cramping, burning sensations coupled with swelling in the lower legs.
* Pain worsening after prolonged sitting or standing hours
Which Veins Becomes Varicose Veins?
Any veins having valve problems prevalently present in the legs may become varicose veins. There are some categories of veins that have more chances of developing varicose veins.
Long Saphenous Vein (LSV):
LSV are the veins’ tributaries, erupting from the foot following to the ankle, calf, groin, and finally broadening in the femoral deep vein. While standing, you may observe bulged veins appearing on the skin. These veins and their tributaries cause varicose veins.
Short Saphenous vein (SSV):
It is another vein under the skin surface of the legs, whose tributaries turn into varicose veins.
It can develop in any part of the legs with incompetent valves that hinder smooth blood flow, contributing to form varicose veins.
* High Fiber Diet
* Avoiding High Heels
* Elevating legs frequently while working
* Changing sitting and standing positions alternatively
It can be diagnosed with
* General Physical Examination: Your physician may ask you a set of health and medical history questions to figure out the eruption of varicose veins.
* Duplex Ultrasound Exam- Another method that uses high-frequency waves to measure the speed of blood flow and structure of the vein.
* Angiography: This is rarely advised.
The treatments include both surgical and non-surgical methods such as:
Non- Surgical Methods
Some of the non-invasive and non-surgical methods include
* Compressional stockings
* Endovenous Laser Treatment
* Radiofrequency Occlussion
* Laser Pulsed Light Treatments
The surgery is also referred to as SEPS that stands for Superficial Endoscopic Perforator Surgery. This is minimally invasive surgery on the contrary to perforator ligature; a surgery performed some years ago with lesser effectiveness.
Choosing varicose vein treatment in Pune can be a cosmetic or medical choice, but getting the treatment done by the best doctors for varicose veins in Pune, can increase the chances of effective treatment. Visit Karishma Vein Clinic that has an adept team of best doctors for varicose veins treatment in Pune. We provide technologically advanced EVLT treatment for a varicose vein as well. Browse our website for more information.