What is EVLT?
Endovenous Laser Treatment or EVLT has become the gold-standard in the treatment of varicose veins. This varicose veins treatment procedure is minimally invasive. It does not require general anesthesia and only local anesthetic is used in order to numb the area around the affected veins. This treatment uses laser energy to eliminate the varicose veins. In the endovenous laser treatment, a thin fiber is inserted into the damaged vein through a small entry point in the skin. Through the fiber a laser light is emitted. The right amount of energy is delivered as the fiber is pulled back through the vein. The targeted tissue reacts with the light energy and the superficial veins that handles less than 5 percent of the body’s blood flow, contracts and closes. Thus, the blood is automatically routed to the other healthy veins.
Karishma Vein Clinic offers the best EVLT treatment in Pune. The doctors suggest the following instructions that one needs to follow before and after the Endovenous Laser Treatment.
Precautions to be taken before EVLT
- One week prior to your treatment avoid taking arthritis medications, Ibuprofen, aspiring as these medicines can increase the risk of bruising.
- Avoid Smoking or drinking 2 days before your treatment as it may hinder the healing process.
- Do not consume caffeine containing products.
- Take prescribed dose of antibiotics as per instructions.
- Shower and wash your legs with an antibacterial soap/ antiseptic solution on the day of your appointment.
- On the day of your appointment, do not apply lotion, cream or sprays on your legs.
- Have a light meal on previous night of procedure.
- Avoid wearing the stockings for at least 24 hours
- As far your clothing is concerned, avoid wearing heels, short skirts and jeans as they will make you feel uncomfortable. Wear loose pants or long skirts as they will help to cover the bandage.
Precautions to be taken after EVLT
- A compression stocking and bandage will be placed over the treated area. It is advised to keep the bandage dry. When you take a shower, cover the leg with a sealed plastic bag and a towel should be wrapped around the top of the leg to keep the area dry.
- Normal activities can be resumed but vigorous activities like weightlifting, jogging, and running and gym workouts should be avoided for at least 2 weeks.
- Refrain from swimming for two weeks.
- Do not strain yourself and lift heavy objects for couple of months.
- Avoid standing for long hours initially for the first few days & Keep your legs elevated.
- Avoid travelling in an airplane for a few days as it requires long hours of sitting.
- Jacuzzi, Hot baths and Hot tubs should be avoided for two weeks after EVLT.
- Driving or operating any hazardous equipment should be done only a day after the treatment.
To know more log on to www.karishmaveinclinic.com or contact us on +91 9822049541.