Veins are the blood vessels that return deoxygenated blood from the outer parts of the body back into the lungs and heart. Varicose veins occur when these healthy veins appear as twisted, enlarged, and swollen veins in blue or dark purple colour. It is most common in the veins of the legs and thighs. Seek immediate medical attention for the best varicose veins treatment in Pune at our clinic.
- Pregnant women are at higher risk of developing varicose veins
- The symptoms include aching, cramps, swollen ankles, and spider veins
- People suffering from obesity are at higher risk of developing varicose veins.
- Veins rarely need any treatment, but if it causes pain and discomfort, it might indicate a serious underlying health condition. In many severe cases, varicose veins can rupture, or develop into varicose ulcers on the skin.
When to Seek Treatment for Varicose Veins?
If your varicose veins are painful, it might be a sign of a more severe problem such as blood clot, open sore, or skin infection. Seek immediate medical attention to prevent one of the following health complications:
- Leg Swelling: When the pressure builds inside the veins, fluid from the blood can leak into the surrounding tissues, causing swelling. Check for the signs – a tight sensation in your skin or impression left on your skin after removing your socks or shoes. In many cases, the patient’s shoes might not fit him due to swollen feet. If not treated, your skin might change its colour or may even leak a clear or yellowish fluid.
- Skin Ulcers: The swelling occurred due to skin changes may make it more difficult for your skin to heal from even minor injuries. The swollen veins and tissues limit the flow of nutrients and oxygen, thus making it challenging to fasten the healing process.
- Skin Infection: Varicose veins stretch the tissues, interfering with the body’s natural defence power against infection. Bacteria present on our skin surface can enter our body and cause an infection called cellulitis. Signs of redness and warmth can be felt beneath the skin, which can be treated by easing the swollen veins.
- Bleeding: Varicose veins contain a more substantial amount of blood than usual. If the veins are hit or cut accidentally, the patient might lose a huge amount of blood. In most of the cases, it takes more than usual time to control the blood loss, which might also turn fatal for the patient.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis: At least 25% of patients suffering from varicose veins develop blood clots in deeper veins. Deep vein thrombosis is a severe health complication and demands immediate medical attention. Our varicose veins surgeon in Pune will suggest the best treatment option suitable for your speedy recovery.
The biggest risk of blood clot due to varicose veins is that it may break off and move to the lungs, which can be life-threatening. Visit our clinic to seek treatment and guidance from certified varicose veins doctor in Pune. Our team will get you the immediate medical attention and necessary care needed for faster recovery.