Varicose veins are dilated, twisted, and enlarged veins that are visible under the skin of the legs. Varicose vein problem occurs because of poor blood supply due to weakened valves and commonly appears in legs and foot. When there is poor blood circulation, blood forms pool in the veins and appear in blue or purple color. Though it may appear as a cosmetic problem, leg pains, cramps, itching are some common problems that are faced because of varicose veins.
There are different types for varicose vein treatment like non-surgical and surgical procedures. Doctors diagnose the problem and provide best line of treatment. Non-surgical procedures involve wearing compression stockings, exercise, elevation of legs and other simple procedures that are advised by doctors. In the event of varicose vein problem turning severe, vein specialist may adapt following other procedures and treatments like vein stripping or Ligation, sclerotherapy and EVLT (Endovenous Laser Treatment) varicose vein treatment to provide relief from the symptoms and complications. The treatment can also be undertaken for cosmetic purposes. It is important for anyone who suffers from varicose vein or spider vein problem to visit a vein specialist for varicose vein treatment in Pune. Varicose vein treatment is not a self care procedure; only an expert vein specialist can diagnose and provide right kind of treatment.
It is very important to follow certain instructions even after the treatment. Generally these instructions are provided by your doctor.
- Experience of pain is normal and pain killer medicines will be given to combat pain. It has to be taken according to the doctor’s advice.
- Advice on wound care should be strictly followed.
- A follow-up appointment to ascertain the success of surgery with an ultrasound and sometimes, a blood test may also be required.
When an immediate doctor’s visit will be necessary?
- If there is no improvement in the bruises
- High fever
- Painful, red, and swollen legs
- Problem in stitches
- Trouble in breathing or other complications like chest pain
- Or, if the patient feels that any other queries or complications that has to be addressed immediately
Other after treatment care instructions
- General discomfort may be experienced for 24hrs after treatment. There should not be any problem in carrying out normal day-to-day activities. However, it is better to avoid vigorous exercise or activities at least for a week or two.
- As walking improves blood supply and also helps in preventing blood clots, doctors may advice to walk soon after the surgery.
- As a part of exercise one should walk at least for half-an hour daily. This should be followed for 5-6 weeks for better blood circulation.
- The patient will be advised to wear compression stockings, at least for two weeks. Wearing compression stockings during day and according to proper instructions is recommended.
- It is always better to avoid standing or sitting in a place for longer period.
- Avoiding alcohol consumption and smoking is also advisable.
For further queries regarding varicose veins treatment, one can visit Karishma vein clinic in Pune. Our experienced doctors offer comprehensive treatment for all vein problems with efficient post care treatments for speedy recovery.