What Causes Spider Veins? – Symptoms, Treatments, and Risks
Both spider veins and varicose veins occur due to lack of proper blood circulation in the legs. However, medical experts are yet to confirm why few people get this venous insufficiency and others don’t. but, Karishma Vein Clinic understand people who stand for prolonged period tend to increase the amount of pressure in the veins of the legs and are more likely to form spider veins.
What is Spider Veins?
Spider veins are associated with a web of red or blue veins that occur due to venous insufficiency and spread across the legs. One major cause of forming spider veins can be the aging process. They mostly occur behind the knees but can also appear anywhere on the body. Hormonal imbalance, sun exposure, and even minor injuries can become the potential cause of developing spider veins.
Are the Spider Veins and Varicose Veins Linked?
Spider veins and varicose veins both occur due to insufficient and weak valves of the veins. The damaged valves block the pool of blood from reaching out to the heart. In case your spider veins are causing pain, swelling, or bulge, consult for spider vein removal treatment immediately, as the symptoms might indicate hidden growing varicose veins.
When can be the Spider Veins Dangerous?
Some symptoms of spider veins and varicose veins that indicate you serious venous disease include:
- Heaviness in the legs
- Cramping, aches, and throbbing pain in the legs
- Swelling in the legs
In case the aforementioned symptoms have been encountered by you, chances are your venous insufficiency disease chances are at higher risk.
What Causes Spider Veins in the legs?
- Are you currently overweight, obese, or was in the past?
- Have you been through any surgery that required prolonged recovery?
- Are you wearing high heels and tight-fitting pants?
- Have you been on hormonal birth control?
- Are you pregnant or have been in the past after exceeding the age of 35+?
- Do you have a family history of varicose veins?
- Are you in a profession that demands long-term standing tasks?
If the answer to the above questions is a yes, you must get evaluated by a well-reformed vein specialist to keep it in check.
Treatments for Spider Veins
Our vein clinic offers numerous non-surgical and minimally invasive spider vein treatment in Pune. If you have diagnosed by varicose veins, there are the following treatment options you might be recommended by our specialist:
- Sclerotherapy: It is the most common treatment procedure for varicose and spider The treatment includes injecting a solution into the vein that helps it collapse and stop the blood from flowing. The vein, after this, will turn into a scar and fade away within days or weeks. Sclerotherapy has 50-90% changes of positive recovery.
- Laser Treatment: The small, fine, and red veins are more responsive to laser treatment as they are harder to be
Our specialized vein experts will first evaluate your medical history and then only proceed further with varicose/spider vein treatment. Depending on the severity of the vein condition, we suggest the best treatment to achieve required results. Book your appointment today and get rid of the pan from varicose vein