The appearance of bulged and enlarged varicose veins on the skin surface is always a common problem. Although most of the times it is treated as a cosmetic problem, it does produces severe pain and restricts our daily movement. Are there any natural remedies to get rid of these varicose veins? Yes, there are few remedies that can rectify the problem says an expert of Varicose Veins Clinic In Pune. And the good part is that these remedies can be carried out in-house without the worry of side effects.
- Shape your body
In many cases, the severity of the varicose veins increases due to simple reasons such as obesity and sedentary lifestyle. Although it is not possible to completely eradicate varicose veins by changing our lifestyle or undergoing exercise regimes, it is definitely possible to reduce the visibility of those enlarged varicose veins.
- With due consultations from your physicians involve yourself in exercises such as cycling, swimming and walking that can increase the blood flow. Remember, varicose veins are end results of improper flow of blood. By streamlining the blood flow in the affected area, inflammatory appearance of the veins can be reduced.
- Obesity causes extra pressure in the legs and thereby increases the problem. Try to reduce your body weight and achieve acceptable BMI.
- Concentrate on your diet
You would be surprised to know that several common household kitchen ingredients can do wonders for the treatment of varicose veins.
- Cherries that are that are rich in flavonoids, have wonderful properties to relieve the symptoms associated with varicose.
- Inclusion of garlic, onion and ginger in your daily diet would do be highly beneficial.
- Restraining from junk, refined, fried and processed foods that are loaded with sugar and salt would do lot of good not only to lose weight but also to streamline blood flow.
- Consume more foods that are rich in omega-3 such as sprouted legumes, fish, and flax seeds as they possess excellent anti-inflammatory properties.
- In general, include high fiber foods
- Try essential and medicinal oils and extracts
- Massaging the varicose affected area with castor oil would help in easing the pain.
- Similarly, massaging with olive oil and vitamin oil would assist in increasing blood circulation in the affected area.
- Intake of appropriate quantity of grape seed extracts and apple cider vinegar would strengthen the vein walls and blood circulation respectively.
- Extract of horse chestnut seeds have been medically proved to be an excellent remedy for treating chronic venous insufficiency.
- Change postures
The demand of unfriendly ergonomic postures like continuous standing or sitting in the work place may be one of the reasons for your varicose problem.
- Strictly avoid standing or sitting for long periods of time. Take frequent breaks as and when possible and go for a small walk. Again it would not be a bad idea to lie down for a while with your legs in elevated position.
- Even while relaxing or watching TV or reading book, make it a point to keep your legs in elevated position, atleast 20 inches above your heart level.
- Avoid sitting with crossed legs and do not indulge in lifting heavy objects.
- Frequently shift your weight between your legs and wiggle your toes to enhance blood circulation.
- The rule is very clear – Do not exert unnecessary pressure on your legs.
- Wear apt clothes
Patients with varicose problems are strictly prohibited from wearing tight fit clothes, especially in the leg areas. Ofcourse, the only relaxation allowed is your compression stockings or socks that are prescribed by your physician.
It is always a better idea to try out these natural remedies to get rid of the varicose veins problem at the budding stage, suggests the expert doctor of Karishma veins clinic, a reputed medical centre for Varicose Vein Treatment In Pune. And do not forget to consult with us or your physicians before practicing these remedies to enhance the chances of speedy recovery.